1. Pick out the decoration that you intend to apply. Cut it from the
2. Place the decal in warm water. The sheet will roll up and then become
flat again in 15-20 seconds.
3. Remove the decals from the water. Separate the white sheet from the
4. Wet the piece with warm water. Put the transfer on the piece and adjust
the design to the correct position.
5. Eliminate any excess water and air bubbles from the piece using a
6. Let the piece dry overnight at room temperature. The piece will then
be ready to use.
7. The suggested temperature to fire the tile is cone 015°, 016°
or 017° for the regular decals and 018° for the gold decals.
1. Apply the normal decal in the regular manner. Allow to dry completely
2. Dampen the applied but not fired decal. Place the Crystal Sheet into
water as with any decal. When the Crystal Design will slide off the paper,
apply the Crystal Sheet over the regular decal. Use no sponges, squeegees
or pressure of any kind, it is not necessary. Allow to dry OVERNIGHT.
3. Fire in the usual manner. 2 hours on LOW with the lid cracked, 2 hours
on MEDIUM with the lid cracked. Close the lid and fire on HIGH to a temperature
of 1620 degrees Fahrenheit or to a cone of .013
HEALTH AND SAFTEY WARNING
Health Regulations which apply to ceramic materials
are in force in many countries of the world. Whilst every effort is made
to produce transfers to the highest quality, the glaze in ceramics or
glass and the firing conditions will affect the level of heavy metal which
may be released in contact with acid food.
Safe Handling of Products
Although transfers contain toxic materials, they are normal
bonded in such a way as to render them harmless in use during the applications
processes. During firing, however, fumes will be given off which can cause
throat and nasal irritations. These must therefore be ventilated to atmosphere
and not allowed to permeate into work areas